Fermentis Saflager S-23 Lager Yeast: 11.5 grams.
A genuine German style dried, bottom fermenting lager yeast, developing the best of its lager notes under low-temperature fermentation (46-50 Deg. F).
Recommended for the production of fruity and estery lagers. Its lower attenuation profile gives beers with a good length on the palate.
9-22°C (48.2-71.6°F) ideally 12-15°C (53.6-59°F)
80 to 120 g/hl for pitching at 12°C – 15°C (53-59°F). Increase dosage for pitching below 12°C (53°F), up to 200 to 300 g/hl at 9°C (48°F)
- Sprinkle the yeast in minimum 10 times its weight of sterile water or wort at 23° c ± 3°C (73°F ± 6°F).
- Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes.
- Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel.
- Pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel providing the temperature of the wort is above 20°C (68°F).
- Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps.
- Leave for 30 minutes, then mix the wort using aeration or by wort addition.