Fermentis Saflager W-34/70 Lager Yeast (11.5 grams) is a world-famous Weihenstephan lager strain with unique technological specs and high sedimentation.
12-25°C (53.6-77°F) ideally 15-20°C (59-68°F)
50 to 80 g/hl
- Sprinkle the yeast in minimum 10 times its weight of sterile water or wort at 27° c ± 3°C (80°F ± 6°F).
- Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes.
- Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel.
- Pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel providing the temperature of the wort is above 20°C (68°F).
- Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps.
- Leave for 30 minutes, then mix the wort using aeration or by wort addition.