Join Our
Email List
Join our email list
  • Home
  • AskDoug
  • Latest News
  • Gift Certificates
freeport-red-semi-dry.jpg
Click to enlarge image

Freeport Red

$13.99
Quantity:
Model number: W-FPRNV
  • Description
  • Details
  • Shipping Info

PA - Lake Erie

Size: 750ml - Bottle

Our gold medal winning semi-dry red blend honors Freeport, a 1700’s lumber and fishing port that was one of the first settlements in our area. This medium-bodied beauty offers a refreshing hint of sweetness with aromas of fresh berries swirling around the harmonious blend of Chambourcin, Chancellor and Dornfelder. Bridging the gap between sweet and dry, this versatile wine will please any palate.

Current Vintage Awards
Bronze Medal - 2017 Pennsylvania Wine Competition

Recent Vintage Awards
Gold Medal – 2015 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
Silver Medal – 2013 Great Lakes Great Wine Competition
Silver Medal – 2011 American Wine Society Commercial Wine Competition
Bronze Medal – 2015 Pennsylvania Farm Show Wine Competition
Bronze Medal – 2014 American Wine Society Commercial Wine Competition
Bronze Medal – 2012 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
Bronze Medal – 2011 Great Lakes Great Wine Competition

Taste & Character
Acidity: Medium
Tannins: Low
Oak: None
Ageability: Medium (3-5 years)
Body: Medium

Details

Total Cases: 161
Harvest Dates: October 2012, 2014, 2015
Vineyard: Mixed Lake Erie
Bottling Date: February 2016
Release Date: March 2016
Average Degree Brix at Harvest: 20
Titratable Acidity: 6.5 g/L
pH at Bottling: 3.49
Alcohol Level: 11.5%
Residual Sugar: 2.5%
Blend/Composition: 50% 2015 Chambourcin, 30% 2014 Chancellor and 20% 2012 Dornfelder
Fermentation: All on the skins and punch down 3 times a day
Yeast: 71B
MLF: none
Aging: Stainless steel tank storage

We can ship wine direct to addresses within PA, and select states

You must be 21 years or older to enter the online wine store and adult signature (21 yrs or older) is required to receive delivery of all shipped wine orders.  If an adult is not at your home address during the day, we recommend you have the package shipped to your workplace if possible.

Wine CANNOT ship via FedEx Smartpost. If this is chosen as the shipping method, we will automatically change the shipper to FedEx. Extra charges may be incurred.

For convenience and to save on shipping you can order online and pick up later at our Winery or at our Erie Colony Plaza retail location. Just select PICK UP AT WINERY as the shipping method during check-out.

 

Reviews

  
Write a review | No reviews for this product.