Lalvin ICV D21 is wine making yeast generally used for Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay.
S. cerevisiae • cerevisiae
- Isolated from one of the best Languedoc terroirs during a special regional program run by the Institut Coopératif du Vin’s (ICV) Natural Micro-Flora Observatory and Conservatory in France.
- Noted for its good fermentation performance even under high temperature and low nutrient conditions.
- Produces very few sulfide compounds during fermentation.
- Selected for fermenting red wines with stable color, intense fore-mouth volume, mid-palate tannin structure and fresh aftertaste.
- Lalvin ICV D21® can also be used with very ripe white grapes that are barrel fermented to develop fresh fruit aromas, volume and acidity. In highly clarified juices, maintain fermentation temperatures greater than 15°C(59°F) and supplement with proper nutrition.
Is this wine making yeast right for your wine's fruit and style? See our Wine Yeast Selection Chart to help you determine which yeast is best to use.