This home wine making kit is designed by Presque Isle Wine Cellars to include all of the equipment items you will need to start a batch of your chosen wine. This kit is great when your fermentation starts with fresh juice or a concentrate.
Just add your favorite concentrate or fresh juice! With our Home Wine making Kit you can create your wine at an economical cost per bottle of wine. Our winemakers choose the kit equipment to give you a combination of great quality and value. Since the equipment is reusable and durable, future per bottle costs will be even lower.
Choose from a 3 gallon, 5 gallon, or 6 gallon carboy. If our juice is in season, and you can come to the winery for pick-up, we would be happy to provide you with the juices for your wine (our Spanish Must is now available to be shipped!). We also offer a full line of quality wine juice concentrates, if you prefer.
Home Wine making Kit contains:
- Glass Carboy
- PIWC Bottling Siphon
- Potassium Metabisulfite
- 3-Piece Senior Air Lock
- Rubber Bung
- Plastic Hydrometer Jar
- PIWC Beginner’s Book of Winemaking
- Triple Scale Hydrometer (0-30 brix, potential alcohol and specific gravity)
- Wine Yeast (5g pkt)
The size carboy you choose will depend on how much wine you would like to make:
- 3 gallon carboy will yield 15 standard (750mL) bottles of wine
- 5 gallon carboy wil yield 25 standard (750mL) bottles of wine
- 6 gallon carboy will yield 30 standard (750mL) bottles of wine
A couple of things to remember:
- An additional container will be needed when it is time to rack your wine. A food-grade 6 gallon plastic container is adequate, but many prefer a second carboy.
- This home wine making kit does not include wine bottles so you will need them when the time comes to bottle your home made wine. Bottles can be purchased separately from us, or you can save and re-use ones you have already drank as an economical and sustainable alternative.