The audible buzzer and visual stop light will automatically let you know when you’re tests are done! Because it does not rely on a color change, the SC-300 eliminates the guesswork in Ripper sulfite tests, especially in red wines!
Complete Wine Testing Kit – Includes Everything Needed to Analyze Sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in Your Wines & Musts:
- SO2 reagents pH/TA reagents
- Two titration beakers
- Two 5 mL syringes
- Two transfer pipettes
- a SO2 electrode
- a pH electrode
- 25 mL sampling pipette (for SO2)
- 5 mL sampling pipette (for pH/TA)
- The SC-300 Operating Manual
No magnetic stir bar, magnetic stirrer or burette is necessary, but you can use these if you have them.
A Quick Overview – Wine Analysis Procedures with the SC-300:
Easy SO2 Test:
1. Attach SO2 electrode, press the power button, change to SO2 mode and press enter.
2. Draw up 5 mL of titrant into the syringe and place 25 mL of wine in beaker.
3. Add ~2 mL of the acidifier and ~2 mL of the reactant to wine.
4. Place and hold the SO2 electrode in the wine sample and swirl beaker.
5. Add titrant from syringe dropwise until 15 second long endpoint signal reached.
6. Multiply the titration volume by 20, the SO2 conversion factor, results in ppm Free SO2.
Simple pH Test
1. Attach the pH electrode, set aside storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
2. Press the power button then press the ‘Mode’ button and switch the SC-200 into ‘Cal’ mode.
3. Calibrate using the pH 4 and pH 7 reference standards provided. Put the SC-200 in pH mode.
4. Take 5 mL sample of wine, place in a beaker. Take a pH reading.
Accurate TA Test
1. For TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
2. Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
3. Put SC-200 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
4. Add TA Titrant from the syringe dropwise until the endpoint is reached indicated with the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
5. Multiply the titrantion volume by 2, the TA conversion factor, results in g/L Tartaric Acid.
This item is not eligible for promotional free shipping, when available.
The ONLY shipping method available is FedEx ground for this product- at checkout, please choose FedEx Ground OR FedEx Home Delivery.
If you choose any other method, you will be contacted to resolve and your order will be delayed.