INGREDIENTS Yeast (saccharomyces bayanus) Emulsifier: E491 (sorbitan monostearate)
SUGGESTIONS OF USE : VR 44 is convenient for all types of applications even in difficult wine making conditions.
This is an equivalent wine yeast to our 5 gram Red Star Champagne (CHP).
VR 44 was selected in the Champagne region for its excellent fermentation characteristics and its resistance to extreme wine making conditions (Springer selection).
- Fermentation abilities
- Killer character strain, enabling a good settlement and a fast fermentation start
- Regular and complete fermentation of sugars
- Fermentation temperature: 10°C to 40°C
- Alcohol tolerance: 16% vol./vol.
- Low nitrogen requirements Metabolic characteristics
- Sugar/alcohol yield: 16.5 g/l for 1% vol./vol.
- Low production of acetaldehyde (<30mg/L) and SO2
- Low production of volatile acidity (<0,24 g/l)
- Low production of foam