Shop by Category
- Anti-Oxidants and Preservatives
- Acids & Acid Adjustment Agents
- Yeast Nutrients and Enhancers
- Tannin Products and Mouthfeel Enhancers
- Color Enhancers
- Fining and Clarifying Agents
- Tartrate Stabilization Agents
The refractometer is an essential winemaking tool used to take quick and accurate measurements of the amount of sugar (percentage Brix) in grapes or other fruit. Determining the percentage Brix allows winemakers to determine the ripeness of the fruit in the field, helping to determine optimum harvest time.
Also see our hydrometers, the recommended tool for both commercial and home winemakers to measure the sugar content once the juice has been pressed.